Humans is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
This was written and finished about five months ago. We are still currently dating while I am at college and though circumstances could be better, we are still very strong and will never quit on each other.
When I first met you I was instantly intrigued. I knew there was something special about you from the start. We clicked instantly and we never once questioned our new found friendship. After over a year of both of us trying to get each other's attention romantically, we had almost given up when something just kind of fell into place. Neither of us were aware that we were interested until it was almost too late. But all is well because the timing couldn't have been better.
- Thank you for constantly reminding me I'm cute.
- Thank you for my nightly cuddles. On the nights I don't get them, I have difficulty sleeping.
- Thank you for making me feel safe.
- Thank you for letting me comfort you even when you think you don't want it.
- Thank you for constantly reminding me of how much I'm loved.
The fact that it has only been two months blows my mind because it feels like I've been in love with you my whole life. It has been a month of some crazy ups and downs, but I couldn't have asked for any better.
- Thank you for bringing me into your friend group without hesitation. I honestly love them all so much.
- Thank you for always keeping me in the back of your head when I'm not around.
- Thank you for understanding my little temper tantrums even when you don't want to.
- Thank you for making me feel like the only girl you ever look at.
- Thank you for letting me be there for you through these stupid police charges.
It has definitely been an interesting month. You met my grandparents and a vast majority of my family for the first time. We were apart for more then a day for the first time. And after being apart for three days, you came to live with me. Those two weeks living with me may not have been easy for you, but I think it really brought us somewhere. It was a good little test for when we live together in a few years. I can't wait for the mornings when I can wake up next to you and cuddle up for just a few more minutes.
- Thank you for being so polite to my family.
- Thank you for wanting my family to like you so much. Putting your best foot forward for them means a lot.
- Thank you for never really getting yelling at me even when you want to.
- Thank you for my nightly cuddles.
- Thank you for letting me know I'm wanted and loved when I start to doubt myself.
Well, the month didn't start out too hot, but we got over a big bump in the road and I think it made us stronger. I explained to you why you mean so much to me and I get that it scared you, but I'm glad you didn't run away, even though I know you wanted to. You left your home for good and are living at Gib’s. Though it does suck right now, and it's a constant question of where you're going to go, you have to admit there are upsides. We do get to have sleep overs whenever we want, and there's weed and cigs constantly in the house. I think we've grown a lot as a couple and as friends in the past month, and it's definitely showing. I love you always.
- Thank you for being there for me even when you didn't want to. You didn't have to leave your friends to be with me, but it means a lot that you did.
- Thank you for trying to help me with family issues even though you barely know how to help yourself.
- Thank you for always giving me weed even when I don't ask.
- Thank you for goodnight calls when I'm not with you.
- Thank you for prom and the shore. I know you felt like crap, but it really did mean a lot that you came.
It definitely doesn't feel like it's been five months already, but these past five months have seriously been the best five months of my life. You were in jail on our anniversary, but I was so distracted by the fact that you were there that I didn't realize till afterwards. Everything starting to hit me. As of right now I'm leaving in 32 days. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do without you in my life. I'm going to miss you so much, Trent. Fully expect me to blow up your phone the first couple days because I don't know how long I'm going to be able to go without you. And don't you worry, I'm going to come back as much as I possibly can. I need my best friend in my life way more than just over the phone.
- Thank you for being my best friend.
- Thank you for always trying your hardest.
- Thank you for not giving up on life just yet.
- Thank you for always trying to see my side of things even when you don't understand it.
- Thank you for respecting my choices.