Humans is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
1. I like you, like a lot. If you couldn’t tell already.
2. You’re constantly on my mind and I love it that way.
3. I wish you could see how much I care about you and how happy you are.
4. Sometimes I feel like you forget about me, other times I feel like you like me too.
5. I wish you’d let him go. You deserve so much more than him and for the sake of your own happiness, I need you to see that.
6. Your smile is like a thousand suns on the coldest day of my life. Basically, your smile makes me feel warm as fuck. 🤷🏻♀️
7. Your laugh is like the first time I heard my favorite song and how it gave me chills. I still love that song, and your goddamn laugh.
8. When I see you, I swear you knock the wind out of me. I feel like I can’t breathe when I’m near you. As much as I wish that’d be a cute thing, it’s just my anxiety reminding me I’m not good enough for you, but I’ll get there. I will. 🤞🏻
9. I fucking love your new dog. Partly one of the reasons I can’t get over you. She’s so cute.
10. Your personality stands out from everyone I’ve ever met. I’ve never been so enticed by the way someone carries themselves, or how they speak, or how they think.
11. You’re so smart and I don’t get how you don’t see that. You’re going to go far in life, and you deserve to believe in yourself.
12. This should be more like an 11a, but, I love the way your mind works. It’s so different and I just can’t get enough.
13. If I hear you compare yourself to one more person, I’ll slap you. Not literally—I could never—but seriously, stop. If I can love you for who you are, so can you. You’re so great, and I appreciate you.
14. I hate when you’re singing and look at me. I always think you’re talking to me when you’re really just singing “It Wasn’t Me” by Shaggy. 🤦🏻♀️
15. You’re hilarious. I personally think I’ll forever and always be more funny than you, but you’re pretty funny. Aha, get it? You’re pretty and funny. Yeah, maybe you are more funny. 🤐
16. I like you so much I tried watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. You’re fucking welcome. PS: I didn’t like it too much.
17. I don’t know why I like you. You like country, and country is not my cup of tea. Although, I won’t lie, I’m Head Over Boots For You. 🤠👉🏻
18. I appreciate you for supporting me in my music. I know you don’t think much of it, but it really means the world to me knowing someone who I care tons about supports and believes in me when it comes to what I love doing. So thank you.
19. I love your hair. Was lowkey upset when you cut it, but you still poppin as hell. 😍
20. I wrote a song for you. I personally think it’s trash, but maybe one day I’ll muster up the courage to show you. Maybe just like this list.
21. I hate you so goddamn much that it’s not even funny.
22. I hate that you somehow how gained so much control over me. I could literally convince myself that I’m over you and you’ll do some stupid thing like smile at me in the hall, or say hi and I’ll fall right back, just like I always do.
23. I hate that you’re in love with someone who could literally not give a shit about you. I hate him for that, not you.
24. I hate that you doubt yourself so much. You have so much potential for so many amazing things, I promise you.
25. You’re so goddamn beautiful. Need I say more?
26. I hate that you have no idea how I feel. But I hate myself for this one. It’s not your fault I like you. It’s not your fault I feel so strongly. I’m to blame, and I’ll willingly admit that.
27. We have mirrored situations and it’s so weird. Sometimes I feel like that means something, like we’re meant to be, or maybe not at all.
28. I’m so afraid of saying anything to you because I’m afraid I’ll fuck it up somehow and lose you. If I lost you, I’d be devastated.
29. I don’t want to tell you I like you, in fear of losing you or things being awkward between us. That’s equally as bad as losing you.
30. As bad as I want you, I feel like I can’t be with you for several reasons. One being if you so happened to like me too, I’d ruin it so fast.
30a. I get angry easily, and I remember you telling me you wouldn’t want me to ever get upset with you because you couldn’t stand it if I were ever mad at you.
31. I still hate you.
32. I still love you.
33. You’re still one of my best friends and I hope it stays that way, whether or not we’re more than friends, just friends, or if we live 100 miles apart, that’ll never change.
34. I want to be myself when I’m around you. I really do. I find myself constantly thinking about how fucking iconic we could be, but more importantly; happy.
35. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to live down how much you mean to me or how highly I think of you. You’re an amazing person, and I’m sorry that I’ve said it a million times, but it’s true.
36. You’re so childish and as much I pretend to be annoyed, I love it. I don’t understand it, but maybe that’s the point.
37. I hate the way you look at me. I feel like you can see right through me and what I’m thinking or how I’m feeling and it’s so scary, but I don’t ever want you to look away.
38. Crazy thing is, you didn’t have to try for me to instantly fall for you. You just did it. I can’t describe to you how thankful I am, but how pissed off I am. Again, maybe that’s the point.
39. You talk about feeling upset because he’ll never feel the way you feel about him. It’s so weird, because when you’re talking about him, it reminds me of me talking about you.
40. I won’t blame you if you don’t end up liking me back. My feelings won’t be hurt.
41. I honest-to-god hope you find someone who will make you feel like you’re on top of the world. You deserve to be happy with someone who deserves you and, I can tell you right now, he doesn’t deserve that spot. But I guess neither do you. 😶
42. Seriously, fuck you. 🤦🏻♀️ I’m so mad at the fact that you’ve got me wrapped around your finger. I’m tired of pretending that I’m just okay with you talking to me about him and every other guy you’ve wanted to be with. I get that I’ll never have a chance, so why can’t I just drop you?
43. I’d wish you’d stop talking to me and coming up to me.
44: Weird how this list took a turn. It’s an exact replica of what goes on in my mind. It’s like I can’t win except when I lose.
45. I hope that one day we drift apart and you forget who I am. Maybe that’ll make me forget, too.
46. I don’t understand how you fucking have me still. You would’ve thought maybe after 42 I would’ve stopped, or at least a couple years into our friendship. It pisses me off so fucking bad that you think nothing is wrong because it’s the complete opposite. But yet again, I’ll willingly admit it’s my fault.
47. I really don’t want to see you again. If I see you, I’ll just fall back into this mess.
48. If I talk to you, I’ll fall in love all over again.
49. I haven’t even kissed you, and you still somehow managed to keep me here, hopelessly in love with you, but you’re not in love with me. I don’t think you ever will be, and that’s okay. But if that is the case, and I apologize for being selfish, but I need to for the sake of my own mental stability, please don’t ever text me, or call me, or come up to me in person. I’ll ruin myself all over again for you. I’ll get wrapped up in something you didn’t even know existed. I’ll fall for someone who doesn’t know how bad I’ve wanted them for so long, because they’re wrapped up in someone else’s fingers, because that’s what liking someone does to you. It’s the best but the worst feeling in the world, and I guess all I can say is...
50. I’m sorry.