Humans is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
People often ask me why I am single.
I am 47, attractive, intelligent, fun, a genuine nice person, have so much love to give so I understand the question. Why has no-one snapped me up already?
I just can't answer that in one sentence, it is way too complicated.
But first of all, I will say this, I CHOOSE to be single and there are many reasons why.
Reasons for being single, not in any particular order:
- I have been HURT (almost destroyed) by love in the past—not just once, twice or three times. It has happened again and again and again—I really have learnt that lesson now.
- My experience of relationships is that the other person tries to control me and that just is not going to happen. I hate controlling people and will not let anyone tell me what to do. I really don’t want to be told what to do all the time, living by someone else’s rules sucks!
- I get bored quickly, I can fall in love quickly but can just as quickly fall out of love too. Maybe that means I have never really been in love before. I don’t know. I don’t profess to be an expert on the subject!
- I am bipolar. I have had 47 years to get used to that, but another person struggles with this and quite rightly so, I still do myself sometimes. Trying to keep up with my ever-changing mood and ideas is hard work, let alone the depression and mania I go through!
- I have way too much to do with my time on Earth to bother trying to have a relationship with another man. I have wasted way too much time already and have got stuff to do you know.
- I love my independence. I can do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it and nobody will tell me I can’t!
- I don't want to be tied down. Honestly, there are way too many gorgeous men in this world, I really could not choose one for ever. Seriously I don’t understand how people do that. Again, maybe I have never really been in love before?
- No-one could keep up with my ever changing goals or it definitely wouldn’t be fair to them to have to. I change jobs, I change homes, I change cities, I change countries all at the drop of a hat! Where ever I lay my hat is my home, but it is very hard to expect someone else to do the same.
- I don't want to compromise all the time. Actually, any of the time, call me selfish, but fuck that!
- I like variety and yes that includes my men; black, white, Asian, tall, skinny, ginger, muscles, fat, short, whatever—I seriously love them all.
- I can look after myself thank you very much. Men try to tell me all the time that they will look after me, seriously, I DO NOT need someone to look after me, financially or otherwise.
- I'm not sure there is one person for everyone and am certainly wasting no more time looking for "the one." When I was young I truly believed I would find my prince and believe me I have kissed many, many, many, many frogs and still haven’t found him. So, I am quite happy to just get on with my life and stop looking for a needle in a haystack!
- I observe other couples and I don't want what they have. I am sorry if some of my friends and family are reading this, but I really do not want what you have. Bickering, arguing, power struggles, game playing, lying and secrets—no, thank you very much.
- I love my freedom. I LOVE MY FREEDOM. I cannot say this enough, freedom is so fantastic!
- I don't feel lonely and love being by myself. Solitude is wonderful. I understand some people get lonely, but I don’t, I love being with myself!
- My life is already full. I don't have room for a significant other. Although if Bob Marley was still alive I would consider making some room and squeezing him in!